Friday, July 8, 2011

Virgin Labfest 7 at CCP


This is something new to me... My friend - Mylene who works for NCCA encouraged me to watch 1 of the plays that's being held at CCP.  I would always here her talk about the artists/programs that NCCA supports and since I have more free-time now, I would like to be exposed in our country's culture and the arts.  

For people who are not in this circle, like me...  The Virgin Labfest is a festival of untried, untested, unpublished and unstaged plays by emerging and well-known playwrights, directors and actors. This event is a joint venture by the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Tanghalang Pilipino and the Writers' Bloc Inc. in cooperation with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts.  This year marks the 7th of the festival. Nine new one act plays are being featured together with one full-length work, three restagings from the Virgin Labfest 6 and readings. This runs from June 29 to July 10, 2011.  

Tonight, I watched  ISANG GABI BAGO MAGBUKAS ANG PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST AS A FILIPINO NI NICK JOAQUIN. Based on its title I thought it was a serious play, and it might bore me after awhile. Apparently it was the opposite. I was able to sit through for 1.5 hours. Smiling, laughing, and attentively listening to the entire conversation of each artist, ensuring that I don't miss any lines. With no intermission. No dull moment nor did I feel any dragging portion. I now consider myself as a recruit in this kind of industry! Looking forward to next year's Labfest and supporting future plays by the Filipinos!

I tried to take some photos...





To know more about the plays' schedules, synopsis, etc. you can refer to CCP's website http://www.culturalcenter.gov.ph/page.php?page_id=507

Tickets and Info: CCP Box Office +632- 8323704 / 8321125 loc 1409 and 1406 and TicketWorld +639- 8919999.

0 nhận xét em “Virgin Labfest 7 at CCP”

Post a Comment

 

Hotel Travel Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger